1. What is the official registration of BIOHUMAX®?
Since BIOHUMAX® is classified as an organic liquid fertilizer, it is not subject to a mandatory registration regime under Bulgarian law. It must be analyzed by the Central Laboratory for control of pesticides, nitrates, heavy metals and fertilizers of the National Service for Plant Protection to the Ministry of agriculture and forests of Bulgaria and the contents of the bottles should correspond to the testing certificate for the respective batch, issued by the above laboratory. Each of the agents of the manufacturer can show you a copy of this certificate.
2. What is BIOHUMAX®?
Liquid natural organic fertilizer from the group of potassium humates, based on water extract of worm compost from red California worms.
3. What is the difference in comparison with NPK leaf fertilizers?
Differences are in terms of contents, mechanism of operation, scope of application, efficiency of implementation technologies and price per unit of area.
4. With such small physical quantities of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, how can the product affect the planting material and the seeds?
The effect of BIOHUMAX® is mainly due to the high concentration of humin and fulvo- acids in its contents, as well as microelements in helate (easy to assimilate) form. Some of the effects are due to the high amount of natural soil micro flora in the BIOHUMAX® contents.
5. Is the product mixable with other pesticides?
Yes. Due to the insignificant activity of the humin and fulvo- acids, comprising the product, it demonstrates no activity or reactivity to over 118 pesticide groups, including copper-containing phytopharmaceutical products.
6. Can BIOHUMAX® be overdosed when the recommended dosage is exceeded?
Yes, only when we introduce the product through the leaves (leaf spraying). With leaf administration of BIOHUMAX®, it is necessary to follow the manufacturer recommended dosage. There is no danger of overdosing with the remaining applications.
7. What is the effect of the product on plant diseases and what is it due to?
No official results are available as yet from the phytopathological testing of the product, but the feedback we have received from clients who have used BIOHUMAX® is excellent in this respect too. Some of the observed effects are as follows:
On application of BIOHUMAX® on a monoculture for autumn-winter grain crops, the risk of basal rot is reduced up to 100 %. The risk of powdery mildew is significantly reduced too. In vineyards, positive effects have been observed with regards to economically significant diseases such as mildew and powdery mildew (oidium), as well as gray mold (Botrytis) on grapes after three applications. For vegetables, it has a positive effect on mosaic virus and mildew, as well as on the cutting of seedlings.
8. Where is the product tested in Bulgaria and abroad?
In Bulgaria: Environmental Impact Control - Kurdzhali, Environmental Impact Control - Haskovo, Environmental Impact Control - Yambol, Environmental Impact Control – Han Kroum, State Agricultural Institute - General Toshevo, Agricultural Institute – Shoumen, Stock and Sheep Breeding Research Institute – Stara Zagora, Mountain Stock Breeding Institute – Troyan.
9. If we start breeding worms for worm compost, won’t we have the same effect as when worm compost is introduced in the soil?
The effect of the application of the raw compost will be the same in about 2 to 3 years – after a period of decomposition to the state of BIOHUMAX®.
10. Can BIOHUMAX® be mixed with insecticides when treating the seeding material for spring sunflower and corn crops?
Yes, without neutralizing the effect of the humin and fulvo- acids, as well as its macro- and micro-chemical composition. Part of the useful micro flora is destroyed but this part does not have a significant effect on the end result of the full (technological) application of BIOHUMAX®.
11. Can BIOHUMAX® be mixed with fungicides when treating the seeding material for spring-winter wheat and barley crops?
Yes, this is recommended in order to achieve a synergetic effect from the application of the two products and to facilitate the application for the farmers.
12. Is the product damaged during freezes?
Yes, BIOHUMAX® is inapplicable after freezes and subsequent defrosting.
13. What time of the day is most suitable for spraying the leaves with the product?
In the afternoon, between 5pm and 9pm and in the morning, between 7am and 11 am.
14. How many hours after the BIOHUMAX® application it should not rain?
12 hours after the application, although if it rains and the dosage is washed off the leaves, it seeps into the soil and cannot be washed off it, due to the high content of humin and fulvo- acids of BIOHUMAX®.
15. Does the product evaporate and does it contain any volatile compounds?
Yes, we should take into consideration the fact that BIOHUMAX® is water-based extract of lombricompost of red California worm. After use, the product should be sealed tightly.